urlwatch: a tool for monitoring webpages for updates
urlwatch is intended to help you watch changes in webpages and get notified (via email, in your terminal or with a custom-written reporter class) of any changes. The change notification will include the URL that has changed and a unified diff of what has changed.
urlwatch is open source under a BSD-style license.
- Extensible YAML-based configuration file, minidb-based cache
- Uses Concurrent downloads and
- Support for using HTTP POST with data and custom HTTP methods
- Convert HTML to plaintext using lynx, html2text or a regex
- Watch output of shell commands, create custom job types
- Wide range of built-in filters, and support for writing your own
- Send changes via e-mail, optionally also as HTML
- Colored diff output on the console (can be turned off)
- Sends a proper User-agent header
If you have Python 3 and pip (the Python package manager) installed, you can install the latest version and its dependencies using the following command:
pip3 install --upgrade urlwatch
- Current version: urlwatch-2.14.tar.gz (2018-08-30)